- 0 student
- 10 week duration
What is the ECE-CP?
The ECE-CP (Early Childhood Education Certificate Programme) is an early years’ education programme, committed to developing and supporting early childhood professionals. It is an academically rigorous programme, yet flexible in its approach. It has been developed in collaboration with our institutional partners, Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning, and Ryerson University in Canada. This innovative programme is the first of its kind in the country.
The institutional linkage between the partners has been supported by the Aga Khan Foundation (Pakistan) through the Pakistan-Canada Social Institutions Development Programme, in collaboration with the Canadian International Development Agency.
Why should I choose ECE as a career?
Are you concerned about children, about education and schooling, about competitiveness, about values and violence in our society? Well, research tells us that it is in the early years that the foundation for the kind of people we will become, are established. Do you want to make a difference to the way the adults and decision makers of tomorrow conduct themselves, their businesses and raise their families? By working with the young children of today, you can help shape the future.
In Pakistan, there is a great need for professional early years’ teachers. At present, the only validated ECE programmes are based on the Montessori approach to ECE.
What will I learn?
Graduates of the ECE-CP will have demonstrated the following learning outcomes:
- Knowledge of the history and philosophy of ECE, and its importance in the East and West
- Knowledge and understanding of child development from zero to eight
- Knowledge and understanding of family structures in a changing environment
- Knowledge and understanding of different curricular approaches to ECE
- Knowledge and understanding of active learning and the importance of play
- Knowledge of and the ability to promote pro-social behaviour
- Understanding of the Philosophy Statements and Statement of Objectives, in the National ECE Curriculum (2007), Ministry of Education, Government of Pakistan
- Knowledge and analytical skills required for observation, record keeping and assessment of the learning environment, group dynamics, individual children and own performance
- Knowledge, skills and ability to carry out on-going action research
- The ability to plan and organise an inclusive, active learning environment
- The ability to plan and implement developmentally appropriate programmes that meet the needs and interests of children
- Practical experiences in early childhood environments that demonstrate the application of theory to practice
0.00 average based on 0 ratings